Storify is a social media management tool that can collect media from across the web and make the web tell a story. The social media management tool supports embedding anywhere and publishing all the collected media.
Storify is a San Francisco based company founded back in 2010 and has been acquired by Livefyre.
Storify Typical Customers
Storify is suitable for leading brands, publishers, media organizations and individuals that are looking for a solution that can collect media from multiple websites and show them as a story. BBC, HBO and Yahoo! are some of the clients of Storify.
Storify can look through social media networks for finding media elements including Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, Instragram and more, curate the elements, embedding created stories anywhere and then spreading them further on various social networks. Some notable features of this solution are: real-time updates, custom sources support, PDF exports and private stories.
Storify 3 Pros
- Storify offers real-time updates of all stories unlike other similar social media tools
- Storify supports adding custom sources and adding in-house media APIs and data unlike other similar tools
- The customer support of Storify offers email and phone support for users
Storify 2 Cons
- Storify can show repetitive things sometimes as it picks up all the retweets
- Storify doesn’t offer any option to users to select from available images
Scoop.it and Swayy are the competitors of Storify. Scoop.it comes with unlimited social account support, custom branding, unlimited analytics and white label integrations features but offers only a 7-day free trial for users instead of 30-day. Swayy comes with uncluttered, user-friendly interface with option for adding keywords and sources easily but doesn’t support connecting to a wide range of social networking sites.